Monday, 2 March 2009

I look like a dumpling

Well, almost. I had that many dumplings over the course of the weekend, if I kept it up, I would be a great representation of 'you are what you eat'! And the desserts and the munching on cheeses! You could say my weekend was an eating extravaganza!

I stumbled upon the following clip on YouTube after following links from Carrie Vaughn's post on what she got in the mail a few days ago. For some unknown reason, I've had 'Whenever You're Away From Me' stuck in my head for the last few days, and then there's talk about Xanadu. Weird. Anyway, I digress. Here's the clip:



This is why I will always say Gene Kelly was a superior dancer to Fred Astair. Tap dancing on roller skates is definitely a lost artform.

On a semi-related note (the segue's are coming fast and hard today!), I need to research 1940's dresses, particularly those from after Dior created his 'New Look' collection that took the world by storm in 1947. Links would be appreciated!

2 comments:

AutumnHeart said...

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/dior/hd_dior.htm

GB said...

Thanks ma'am!