Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Let the good times roll

On Friday night, HoneyDeath, KatieMay and myself went to see Guys and Dolls. It was fantastic! I had no idea it was so funny. The all Aussie cast did a great job of imitating the Bronx and Brooklyn accents, and not once dropping them (that I noticed and I was looking out for it.) Lisa McCune really went up in my estimation too - I knew she could hold a tune since she's been in a few musicals, but to hold her own against the wonderful Marina Prior was definitely something to write home about.

Good looking boys and real sized women in the chorus gave the whole thing a realistic feel. 'Kenny' was great (I wish I could remember his name and I'm too lazy to look it up), I'll never hear the word 'crap' again without thinking of Magda in a men's suit and Marina Prior in a league of her own. The chap that played Sky? He could sing at me in the morning anytime...

The birthday party went off without a hitch, even though, at some points during the day, I was tempted to call the whole thing off. So much work, so little time and not everything going according to plan.

In the end, though, people turned up, were fed and seemed to have a good time. Here's a couple of pics. HoneyDeath took some with my camera but there weren't many. Did anyone happen to take a photo of me, by any chance? I think I may have missed out...

Two blind mice. Where's the third?

Marvel Trinity

Three's a crowd and worth photographing

Babs Bunny, a blind mouse, one of a crowd, Arthur Dent and the amazing three things woman

A djinn who gave me Aladdin's three wishes

1 comment:

Wenchilada said...

Looks like fun! Hope you had a great day...