Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Your eyes are like rain

The title of this post is a direct quote from a book that was actually published. I kid you not. The two-page description of a narkoo woman can be found here as well as a link to the rest of the Chapter of Excremental Writing.

The probelm with this piece, however, is not that the author has no understanding of metaphors or when you get to the 'pubes' bit and grammar, not to mention imagery, takes a whole new meaning. The problem is that it's the kind of thing you read out loud to your friends to enjoy a gaffaw or twelve. This is so painfully bad, you have to laugh or go insane.

Go read it. You can thank me later.

3 comments:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I giggled over a Yr10 piece today - a typo, so no claim to truely bad writing, but giggle-worthy all the same...

"I grabbed some jammed sandwiches..."

GB said...

"Jammed sandwiches"? Where, pray tell, were they jammed?

No. Don't answer that. I don't think I want to know...

Anonymous said...

Hello - nice to find you here.

I like this writing - it makes me feel so much better about my own. I particularly like the bit about her hair having the sheen of the sea under an eclipsed moon - that is to say none, since there's no light. And as for the apparent grammatical problem with 'pubes' going with a singular verb, I think it's probably a misspelling for 'pubis' - I suspect the author wasn't intending to use Australian slang at that point, though you never know ...