Wednesday, 4 March 2009

I got dysentery for my birthday!

In a manner of speaking. There are little plush toys that are representations of bugs that cause all manner of nasty illnesses. My workmate Sarah bought me the Shigella dysenteriae toy. She wanted to give me gonorrhea, but couldn't find it. (How's that for fuel in the rumour mill?)

So anyway, I had a fabbo birthday with presents, and lunch and movies and everyone has shaved a year off my age without me having to lie about a thing. It's grand! Very special thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate it, either by calling or being with me on the day.

On a completely different note, my sister has asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding later this year. Woot! So, that's three wedding invitations and three birdesmaid requests so far this year. I've never felt so popular...


Photo taken in about 1918 and found on lovedaylemon's page. Image hosted by Flickr.

No comments: