Over at The League of Reluctant Adults, a blog manned by many writers of superior skill, every now and again book prizes get offered up for a lucky commentor. You don't always have to jump through hoops, just add your opinion or story to everyone else's and you go in the draw.
I will occasionally add a comment, but only if I can think of something moderately entertaining to say. I so very rarely win anything anywhere that I never expect loot to come my way from these competitions so I throw in a comment just to show I'm still reading and enjoying.
I had completely forgotten I'd commented for the competition. I had to go back and read my comment (it was all about Fairy Tales, Shera, Barbie's and hard hats and my recent penchant for gore in my selection of movies). And I won a thing. This thing:

It's an Advance Reader Copy (ARC) of a new series. I've not read anything of this lasses before, so I'll be going in with fresh eyes, I guess.
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), for this competition there was a catch - I have to review the book on the League's blog. Can I do it? Can I write a review that won't show me to be a complete twit with no book taste or story sense? I bloody hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment