Wednesday, 28 January 2009

I'm pants at goodbyes

... And I'm not referring to the profound 'you're about to go to the all-you-can-eat chocolate shop in the sky so I'm going to tell you something to make me feel better after you leave' kind of way either.

I'm talking about everyday goodbyes. Stops in conversation after which one or more persons exit the room. Those kinds of goodbyes. I have yet to read the subtle body language and nuance in tone that dictates the cessation of dialogue.

This may go a long way to explaining my (really rather bad) habit of saying something as I leave - if I'm saying it as I go, I know the chat is over. If you're saying it as I'm about to leave, I don't know if there will be more and I don't want to be rude and walk out on you if you're talking to me. Unless of course I don't like you, in which case we wouldn't actually be having a conversation. You'll just be talking to my retreating back but by then this point is moot and I have digressed too far.

So, I'm not great at saying ta-ta. Just so you all know.

Bitch quote for the day: So many bills, so little paycheck. (Never a truer word was spoken!)

No comments: