Monday, 19 January 2009

Reader's Choice

In case I haven't already told you guys, I'm on a bit of a Urban Fantasy (UF) kick right now. Most of the listed authors to the left are UF authors whose works I'm in the process of devouring.

One website, Urban Fantasy Land, is holding a Reader's Choice Award thingie, so I'm spruking it (and hoping I'll get put into the draw to win a $25 gift voucher).

If you'd like to vote, click the link above and get to it.

In other news, I did loads this week. I mean loads. I think I spent only three nights at home in a nine day period. There was: Cat Empire, which I mentioned in my last post; a farewell dinner for Wenchi, Miss P and Cas; Fight Club; Belly Dancing and Run Lola Run; Dr Sketchy's; and Gypsy Queens and Kings.

This week sees: Aeon Flux with KatieMay; dinner at the Summit and Burlesque at the Opera House; Rise of the Lycans with Lee+Brett; and days off from work before the long weekend.

Phew! I'm tired just thinking about it!

3 comments:

Wenchilada said...

Aeon Flux the movie, or the manga series? If it's the movie, it was dull and I slept through it (yeah I know - surprise, surprise). OTOH I am quite a fan of the manga series!

GB said...

It was the movie, which was ok. I may have to try out the Manga though - I liked the idea of it, but I imagine the translation to film would have lost a heck of a lot. Hollywood isn't known for its ability to honour a story.
I think I mostly liked the movie 'cause the guy that played Trevor was a bit of all right and Johnny Lee Miller is always worth watching, even if he's the bad guy.

Wenchilada said...

Fair enough! Must admit, I used to watch the manga version after having consumed something slightly mind altering with the ex boyfriend. Haven't really watched it since, but hey, it was good at the time...