Tuesday, 15 July 2008

So, I went to Perth, saw my girls, had a blast and came home unscathed if somewhat disallusioned with how some people play medieval. I'll update Cue the Pulse with my myriad adventures and pictures eventually, I promise!

On a completely irrelevant note, I was reading comments from a post on You Look Fab this morning wherein the writer, Angie, was gleefully looking forward to the American Autumn so she could whip out her 20-hole Docs. This got me to thinking. Of the many pairs of shoes I have either coveted and bought or just plain coveted, the one pair I have loved since high school is the bog standard, 1460 original cherry Doc boot. I have absolutely drooled over these since my first sighting of the 3-hole version Mandy had in high school that she bought in London on a family trip not long before that elusive colour was made available over here.

Here's where the thinking part kicks in: all Winter, I have been looking for a pair of high-heeled pointy boots, as I mentioned in this post a little while ago. These boots will, in all likelihood, will only ever be worn with jeans or pants, so why would I go through all those hoops of trying to find them when there are cherry Docs to be had for probably the same price, will last just as long, but can be worn for more hours a day because of the distinct lack of heel-age? (You all knew where I was going before I even got there, didn't you? You know me too well!)


Now, I'm saving to move, saving to go to Vegas and saving for a pair of cherry Doc boots. What's the going rate for a kidney, lung or soul these days?

No comments: