Thursday, 31 July 2008

How about that?

Apparently, I can take a good photo. I've been approached by some mob called 'Schmap' who have short-listed one of the pictures I took in Bath for their online travel guide. Weird huh? But cool all at once! It may not make it in, but still, knowing that I can take an ok pic with my cheap digital point-and-shoot. I get nothing other than a picture credit when it's published, but kudos is always good. The pic in question is this one:


On another note, there's a new lass starting here at work on Monday and after she's all trained up, I can say 'bye-bye' to playing with bloods forever! Yay! I honestly didn't want to believe it (since I've been given that line by the boss before) but it's been backed up by my new supervisor and I know she'll see it through for me. She's got my back. Happyhappyjoyjoy! [Insert JD doing Snoopy dance here]

What all this means is I'm busy trying to get the lab under control so she's not too overwhelmed when she takes the reins, like I was. I'm just nice that way. I have a super long day scheduled for tomorrow and now a seminar has been thrown in. I'm oddly looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Congratulations.
For both.
Quite a few of us have photos in schmap guides. They took at least one of my Houston photos for the Fine Arts Gallery, and I'm sure I've got a Auckland one too. It's kinda groovy, and it's there with your name and everything.

Nice to read your blog and see you're alive.

Krin said...

Snap! I've got one in the Bath guide too. It's a great feeling to be noticed.

It seems we are a group of people that take good photos.