Thursday, 5 February 2009

Sharing the Love

You all know I'm a bit of a fan of the Twilight saga, right? And you also know that that love stems from how truly deplorable the storyline and the writing is, yeah?

In the interest of sharing the Twilight love, I give you Shinga's summary of Twilight. I point it out to you, Miss HoneyDeath, since you've only read the second book. This should give you a good enough background to know that the horrible-ness of New Moon wasn't unique!

Oh, and if anyone else has read any of the books, I suggest you pop on over to Cleolinda's site too (last link under the Author list on the left). It gives an even more in depth canning than any other website I've come across thus far.

And, to add to it all, according to the reviewers at Quickflix, the creepiest couple to ever share the silver screen are (you guessed it!) Edward and Bella. I quote: "Look up ‘Creepy Romance’ in the dictionary, and there is a picture of slack jawed Bella being held by diamond skinned Edward, who is glaring lustfully at her neck. Ah yes, this is truly the Romeo and Juliet of our times. That is if Romeo was a several hundred year old vampire with a thing for teens, and the traits of a physically violent and emotionally destructive husband, and Juliet was a submissive, personality free automaton who is grateful there is a guy out there who even wants to talk to her, even if much of the conversations revolve around his desire to kill her. Happy Valentine's Day!!!"

I've been told by a reliable source that the movie comes out in March. Woot! I'm hoping it won't tak etoo long for it to end up inthe cheap bins, but considering the true fans of the series (as opposed to us lol-fans), it might take a while.




ETA: On a completely unrelated note, a friend of mine has an unwanted and unused kimono she wants to get rid of. It's free. Anyone want a free kimono? You could come to my party as one of the three little maids on their way to school. (From the Mikado, for those who don't get the reference.)

6 comments:

DV said...

hehehehehehehe

Krin said...

You really need to read this:
http://audreyapple.blogspot.com/2008/12/twi-harder.html

A very, very good and amusing rant about twilight and it's literary merits.

Actually, the entire blog is worth reading. I have it on RSS

Krin said...

oh, der! You have her listed in yoru side bar. Teach me to type comments at 5pm on a thursday

Anonymous said...

No one's claimed the kimono? Was it made for a petite Asian woman?

Returning to the chorus, I like your comparison of the Twilight couple to Romeo and Juliet. Though, Shakespeare's duo was also deeply flawed. Romeo, an infatuated and self-abusive trouble-maker, convinces a desperate piece of family property that he's capable of true love. Most of us like Romeo and Juliet because the main characters die.

Do we know how the Twilight series will end?

GB said...

Hey Miss Krin, it was through reading Audrey Apple that I discovered Cleolinda! And yes, her blog is certainly a good read.

Amlynn - nope, no one has claimed the kimono yet. The similie between Twilight and Romeo and Juliet wasn't mine, I'm afraid, but you're right - we like them because they die. Even Shakespeare had issues with emokids.

As for how will Twilight will end, well, the ending came last year wiht the release of the fourth and final book of the series called Breaking Dawn. I beg you, don't subject yourself to it unless you like anticlimatic climaxes. Seriously, wait for the movie. :)

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Is that kimono still up for grabs? Does she want a few bottles of wine for it?