So on to today's post. I'll put it in point form, so it's easier (for me...) -
Point 1: So many books, so little time to read them all. And I want to read them all. Now, dammit!
Point 2: I have an Idea (yes, capitalised on purpose) for the Next Greatest Australian Novel (TM). Not only do I need to do some research for world building, but then I need to write the damn thing. Some of you are aware of the research I've done thus far.
Point 3: Weekends are fast becoming filled up things, with potentially only two free between now and that dirty F-word that is 'two weeks away' (even though according to the calendar, it's not for another 8 weeks).
Point 4: The idea (sans capital) of having an Elizabethan wardrobe for the F-word (Festival, Rowany Festival for the uninitiated) is still very appealing but the drive is a little lacklustre.
So this is my conundrum, gentle readers - read and write, or sew, sew like the wind? Thoughts, comments, suggestions, questions on my sanity are all welcome.
3 comments:
Let go of the F-word stress... my best Festival was the year I realised I had enough garb already, and didn't _need_ to make more this year.
Making new stuff because you want to is good. Fretting yourself into not enjoying the event because you spent every minute of the preceeding weeks sewing is not so good. Can your sewing projects be ordered so that whatever bits you do get finished are wearable even if the later ones don't get done? That way you can do a bit of sewing, but if you don't get all of it done for any reason, it's not the end of the world.
Of course, if your goal for Festival is being newly kitted out rather than alternate activities, then this homily may be badly mis-targetted. Apologies if so :)
Does this mean I get to play devil's advocate for you now???
Well, I agree with AutumnHeart re: the stress of deadline sewing - you want the 'bethan I have back to play with and taior in?
But on the other hand, you have been reading a lot, and can always read (and perhaps you could write) on Public Transport to and from work - even nutting out the plot over the coming weeks and begin writing after festival.
I have had a couple of people ask if you have been sewing lately and were sad that you haven't, maybe the goal of 'bethan for Festy is an (if only partially) achievable goal with a forseeable deadline which might make you pull your finger out n do it.
You could then give yourself a writing deadline of Christmas so that you don't find yourself with the same conundrum next Festy.
*titter* I could always suggest you get your Laurel's advice... and I might win money if I placed a bet on what her recommendation would be!
Ummm.... pants?
Post a Comment