Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Belt it!

Guess what I got in the mail today? The belt I ordered last Festival Mark II!

After being bitterly disappointed in the bespoke belt last year, I spoke with the proprietors of Asa and Contarina's Small Luxuries about my grievences at Festival this year. They were very accomodating and offered to make me another one, with the caveat that they had to wait about six weeks for the findings to come in.

And now, I have it and I'm much happier with the product. With it was a note saying they had made every attempt to seal the leather so that the dye didn't come off onto clothing (the lack of dye on the underside of Mark I was one of my grievences), that the leather used was thin enough so that I could use a tapestry needle to punch holes at the right lengths (another of my grienvences about Mark I) and apologies for the delay.

3 comments:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Woot!

Mayela said...

Astounding!
Tremendous!
Fantastic!
Amazing! Especially given our conversation about said belt on Sunday!

Hooray!

GB said...

I know! Maybe there were some burning ears or something...