Sunday, 3 June 2012

Regular Posts? Pah!

Wow, I've really got out of the habit of updating this blog, haven't I?

Let's see, what's happened in the land of GB in the last three months? The job at the furniture store ended. I quit before the store closed - it's not like I had to hold out for entitlements or anything. Mind you, it's the job that keeps on paying. I've had a couple of bonus pays based on commissions (I have sales skillz, apparently) and just the other week I got a random pay, for what I have no idea. I shan't look a gift horse in the mouth, though and I hope to all that is Holy they don't ask for it back!

I had to withdraw from my studies - working 50+ hours over 6 days a week left me too brain dead to study. It was an expensive lesson though! I'll be back at it in August, but only one subject.

I'm still working casually for that big government science organisation, but the hours I'm working are really just enough to keep my head above water. Now they've got their budgets for the next financial year though, it's unlikely they'll be able to continue me. Back to the job merry-go-round, I guess.

Festival happened and it was great to see my friends again. They must tell their children to stop growing. They're all getting so big! Especially great to see LeeLee, B and their girls. TE arrived back from a couple of years London not long before and it was a wonderful surprise to see her there! Leaving site though, was harder than leaving Sydney in the first place.

I was in such a funk after Easter, which I am only starting to come out of now. It's still hard not to slide back since I've always had a propensity to not believe in myself and talking myself out of it this time is harder than it has been in the past. I am working through it, though.

The proverbial light is me popping back to Sydney for a little while (re: a week) in July. I'll be spending most of my time with fam, and I'm really looking forward to it.

That's pretty much it. Here's hoping it won't be another three months before my next update!

No comments: