So, I found a grey hair. It's not my first, but it's the first one that's visible. Apparently, after consulting with those wiser than myself, grey hairs don't just happen on your head... probably too much information, but this getting older lark needs to be shared.
Anyway, I'd come to terms with the grey hair I already had. And then, last week, I found one on my head. If my hair had a centre parting, then it would have been obvious earlier. So I stared at it for a while and thought of plucking it out. Common sense prevailed (a little) and I realised that if I did that, then it would grow back spiky and potentially be even more obvious.
So I did what every woman does when she wants to deny the grey - I dyed my hair. The colour was darker and with less red than I normally go for, but considering my complextion, not beyond the realms of possibility. And you know what? When the packet said that it covers grey, it lied like a lizard drinking. It actually stands out more, since my hair is now darker.
Sigh.
I guess that's the Universe telling me to get over it. That I'm getting older and that's what happens when you get older. To put on some big girl pants, and deal with it! I can only hope that in time my greys will look cool, like Dr Q's! (Note that the below photo obviously isn't of Dr Q, but the grey streak is just like. See? Tres cool, huh?)

No comments:
Post a Comment