Two weeks into my book buying embargo, I caved. I can justify it however I like; I got the books for hlaf the price if I was to buy them new, it was a costuming book I didn't have, they were on my 'to buy' list anyway. Regardless, I still didn't manage to make the full month without buying a book.
Yesterday, I broke it entirely. Four, count them, four new books added to the huge pile of other books patiently waiting for me to discover their stories, what's hidden between the covers.
It's a sickness, I tell you.
On the upside, I held out on the chocolate. I bet you didn't see that coming!
1 comment:
sometimes I think that reading and needing shiny new books is a serious unspoken escapist addiction.
Not surprised that you could resist buying chocolate, but could not resist buying a book. The: "it's cheap! and I'll never find it again! and books are a virtuous purchase!" are all very insidious thoughts.
Post a Comment