Thursday, 6 August 2009

Of posts and genius

Over the last week, I've had thoughts. Pretty good thoughts. Thoughts that could start conversations. Then more thoughts of how I could write it here.

And that's as far as I've got. I'd be doing a thing and think to myself, Wow, that sounds cool. I should update my blog with it. I'll write it out later. Then, I'd get sidetracked and go on to the next thing.

A few days later, I would think to myself, Hmm, I was going to blog about something. What was it again? Never mind, because I could blog about this other thing. Yeah, I'll update my blog with that. I'll write it out later. Then I'd get sidetracked and go on to another thing.

You can see the trend.

I maintain that forgetfulness is a sign of genius. And this little genius will someday remember to use the notebook she's been carrying around everyday for the last two years rather than rely on her unreliable memory.

I'll leave you with a pic of the book I'm reading now. I think I've shown you it before, but I'll repeat it anyway. I'm proving my genius, remember? (HA!) The ARC arrived on Tuesday. I think I'm reading it more critically than I normally would because I will be reviewing it for The League. Normally, I just read a book. Turn myself off, and let the story fend for itself. This time, I'm thinking about it, making my brain work for the story. So far, it's not bad. I'll link in the review once I've actually done it.

6 comments:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Re things to post? I do the same thing. And you've just reminded me of what I keep forgetting to share:
How to tell when it's time ot shave your armpits? When they get caught in the deodorant roller.

So, thanks for that!

(I hope the book is good, and therefore easy to write about!)

Krin said...

I think we all have this problem. This may not help you, as you already have a notebook, but, this page is a list of monthly calendars/forms for August 2009, one of which is a blog post planner. I like shiny structured forms to help me think, you might too? Or not.

Although I will also confess to having 4 notebooks in my handbag at the moment for various things.

Lastly, I had a giggle last night and thought of you as I saw a book on the shelf at a book store I was in called Life Support. I'm sure it's not written by Dr Rudi and Penne, more's the pity.

Krin said...

oh yeah, the link might help:

http://www.productiveflourishing.com/august-2009-planners-available/

GB said...

BT - Hair caught in the roll-on? Eww. But I understand more than it would be polite to mention...
K - Hey miss! Thanks for the link. My problem is I really to forget to write things down. I'm just not in the habit of pausing whatever I'm doing to scribble down thoughts, whether they be on scrap paper or in a journal. It's a habit I'd like to start, I just have to start!

Krin said...

While I think of it, you did get my eamil ages ago in response to a comment you left on my blog, right?

If not, then the answer to your request for my non-former-work email address is:
my first name . my last name at gmail.com. Let me know if that was too cryptic :)

GB said...

Yes, I did get your email ages ago, but I've been slack and not written. Just ask Sharon and Taryn. I forget to write to them too!

I'll try to write something suitable (ie anything, anything at all) in the not-too-distant future.