Friday, 27 June 2008

The Phaaaaaan-tom of the Op-er-a

It's almost like I've been given a gift twice.

Months ago, Honeydeath was wonderful and gave myself and DV tickets for the three of us to go see 'The Phantom of the Opera' at The Lyric Theatre, Star City. I was astounded, surprised and had a whole lot of warm fuzzies that my friend should fork out all that cash for a gift for little ol' moi. Sure it was a present for last Christmas, my birthday and this Christmas all rolled into one, but still, it was a fabulous gift.

Tuesday, we were gathered and as DV was leaving (the first time), she asked about plans for Saturday night. Mel answered and I got the impression I was included in the making of said plans. I didn't understand why.

"Saturday? What's Saturday?" I asked, feeling completely dumb.

"Phantom of the Opera", Honeydeath replied, looking at me like I was completely dumb.

Which I am. However, it's like I've been given the present a second time!

So, I'm getting frocked up on Saturday for a night of dining and theatre with two of my chums and a merry company we shall be, too. Poor DV with her foot, me feeling like I'm swallowing razor blades, both of us hating being female right now and Honeydeath will need to drive.

Regardless of all that, I'm still excited! My throat is another story. I need to numb it somehow so I can enjoy dinner but not feel pain. Hmmm. Someone, please pass the vodka.



On another note, five days until I see my girls! Nine days 'till I catch up with the lovely Steph! Woot! Between shows and holidays, I'm one excitable little chicky right now.

Hopefully, I'll remember to put an update about my little foray to Perth on my travel blog. I just need to remember to take the camera...

No comments: