Monday, 26 June 2006

There is a God and her name is Katherine Kerr...

...and I'm not talking about the Baroness of Southron Gaard either. "The Gold Falcon" has finally been published after waiting a couple of years, but it's GREAT!!! There's not one, but two more books to go in the Deverry series, also, so I have a few more years yet to have the mourning process of one of my favourite stories. The author's webpage is here

Just so that you all don't think that I've come to my senses and completely forgot my Harry Potter obsession... here's a pic of the guys that play the Weasley twins at the London premier of GoF. See, they aren't naturally redheads.

10 comments:

Fiora said...

Am I missing something???? The one on the left doesnt look like one of the Weasley twins - am I having a Bronwyn moment?

Love Fiora

AutumnHeart said...

Heh - I know what I'm buying just as soon as I can get to a bookshop! Where did you get your copy from?

GB said...

No, Fiora. You are not having a Bronwyn moment. They are the Weasley twins, red isn't their natural hair colour. Trust me on this one!
Autumnheart - I got my copy from Borders in Parramatta Westfield. I might be in town this weekend, and I will no doubt end up in Galaxy. Would you like me to get you a copy?

AutumnHeart said...

thanks for the offer, but I have an optometrist's appointment in town tomorrow, so plan on ending up in Galaxy myself. Such hardship :)

Fiora said...

Im still not convinced though hehe the left one doesnt look like the right one and they look exactly the same in the movies....I knew they were not red heads but they just dont look the same still....ITS SO HARD GETTING UP AT 5am EACH MORNING - I blame it on that hehe (I have no other excuses :P)

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I've been trying to write here for days, but the net has conspired against me each time!! !

I can't even remember what I wanted to say.

I DID want to say sorry for not coming to Retro. Was it fun?
I'm crap.
But I'll see you around the traps!!
Oh, and I finished your book - I really liked the last one. It had a certain...urgency? that the others lacked. It was great. Thank you so much for giving them to me!!

GB said...

You're very welcome! I'm glad you liked them. I'm on my way to making a second book, and I'll be sure to give you a copy.
It's ok you didn't come to the Retro. You would have been more competition for the prizes. I won a surfboard. Gnarly.

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Rockin'!!

AutumnHeart said...

Seriously a surfboard !? Wow - beats my measley Bacardi t-shirt. How much longer did you guys hang around?

Am now the satisfied owner of a copy of The Gold Falcon and trying very hard not to start reading it till I'm on holidays next week. Alas, Galaxy was on sale when I visited - I'm sure you can imagine the results...

GB said...

Yes, yes I can.
Hunnnnyyyddd and I left close to 1am.
As for the surfboard, I have one word for you all: eBay.