So this week, I've had a few wins, which have done wonders for my head.
First, there was the journals articles I requested from my local library. To buy one of these articles from the publisher would set me back $35, which is utter shite in my opinion. The most the library would have charged me was $13.70. So, armed with three of the 11 I want, I asked the library to get them for me. And you know what? They came from the State Library, which means I didn't have to pay a damn thing. Very happy, Jan.
Then, there was the fact I finally got off my butt and organised a pick up from Lifeline for some furniture I've had in the garage for just over a year now. (Yep, I have been in sunny BrisVegas for just over a year. My how time flies!) The truck arrives on Monday to pick up the spare bed, an old wardrobe, hall table and a few other bits and pieces. After that's gone, Countess C's son will hopefully be picking up the TV UNIT OF DOOM (capitalised on purpose) and taking it apart to make medieval chairs. Then I'll have to find somewhere for my books...
Speaking of books, this week there was also a quick trip to KMart where I found a copy of Susan Grant's "Contact" for $4. Yup, $4. It has been on my Book Depository wishlist for an absolute age since reviewers I trust couldn't recommend it highly enough. I thought I would never find it. Et viola, I found it in KMart. For a song. La!
Tax, she is done.
Miss Krin has Plans(TM) and is letting me in on them for she is wonderful. More details when news develops.
And today, I'm off for an interview with a recruitment agency in the hopes that they can market me better in the job stakes than I can. Which wouldn't be hard. They're pros after all and my track record isn't that stellar.
Hopefully, this marks a change for the better from now on!

1 comment:
Little wins are Teh Awesome.
Post a Comment