...for I haven't bought. It has been nearly three months since my last book purchase.
Seriously, I hadn't bought a book in almost three months. Remember a while back when I tried (and miserably failed, repeatedly) to ban myself from buying any books? Without even realising it (and completely ignoring all of my usual book haunts) I've managed to not buy books since the end of April. Until now.
In my defence, they are the next books in a well-loved series and I bought all three new releases with silver change out of $20.
My To Be Read pile is actaully lower than it has been for over a year. I now have only 186 books, including the ones I've recently bought, waiting patiently for me to read. I will get it down to one shelf (that holds about 30 books, double loaded) eventually, I'm sure!
Lastly for this post, I have two words for you - John Clod**
Notes:
* St. Thomas Aquinas, patron saint of, among other things, booksellers and publishers.
** The name given by the Teletext prompter to a French man being interviewed on SBS about his Bastille Day celebrations. The news caption, no doubt spelling it the correct way, named him Jean-Claude.

No comments:
Post a Comment