Sunday, 4 December 2011

A Place Called Here

Cecelia Ahern wrote about it in a novel of the same name. It's the place where things and people go when they are lost. Nothing ever returns from Here. That's just where lost things go, never to be seen again.

Over the course of my life, I have misplaced many things, some of which were found, others, I believed, grew legs and walked out of my life. It wasn't until the move up here, however, that I have really begun to believe in Here.

Since the move, thus far I have not accounted for:
1 1/2 sheet sets.
Cake slicer.
3 glasses.
1 pair of fabric scissors (to be fair these went missing months before I moved, but if they were anywhere in the house, chances should dictate that they would have been packed)
1 chemise (see above)
Probably a book/CD/DVD or two, but there isn't enough wall space here for me to unpack all of my books/CDs/DVDs.

The latest on the list is about a meter of black woven interfacing. I thought I may have loaned it to HoneyDeath for Kitty's awesome hat but she had her own that she used. I know it's not amongst my sewing stuff because, unlike most of my other stuff, all of that was unpacked.

Sigh. If anyone does stumble across Here and manages to make it back safely, could you check to make sure my things are being put to good use? I'd hate for them to be wasted!

7 comments:

Mz. B.Trousers said...

What did the chemise look like? I've found one in my stash I don't remember making, but you know what my memory's like.

GB said...

I reckon you'd know if it were mine. I used to were it a lot with your blue German and is the only thing I've ever really embroidered.

It's a 'voile' with a round neck and blue embroidery around the neck. I'm pretty sure it has more poly than cotton in it though which is why 'voile' is in inverted commas!

I just don't remember giving it to anyone. That's not to say I wouldn't have...

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Nah, the one I found is pretty typical of my old stuff. Black silk bias at the neck.
I guess my memory is 'Here' as well...

Hunydd said...

I have some of your books - a Katherine Kerr and a couple of Patricia Briggs. They are safe and sound (and you know where they are now), and I will get them back to you at some stage. Promise!

GB said...

Thanks miss! It was a loose bet on my part that there would be books of mine out there somewhere.

I wasn't asking for them back right away, but it's nice to know where they are!

Wenchilada said...

I have a pair of Hrothgar's undies. Not that you were looking for those.

GB said...

Funny but ew, all at the same time.