You see, there were these books I bought from KMart when I was young and money was really very tight. I read them, loved them and then, somewhere along the line, I lost them. I have no idea if I gave them away, loaned them to someone who never gave them back or maybe they were thrown out. (Gasp!)
Either way, these books were no longer in my possession and a few of them really stuck with me. Like the girl who was never thin enough, the girl who could never get thin, the girl who was a "candy-striper" (that is, she wore a candy-striped uniform for her volunteer work at the hospital) and was told her 'eyes looked like two burned holes in a blanket' and lastly, the chap who was in a car one night after the driver drunk too much and they had an accident in which one of their mates were killed (this was also the first book I had ever read with a male protagonist).
On a whim this morning, I went looking. I had a vague idea of the titles and I thought I knew the name of the publisher. Thanks to BiblioQuest, I not only found the right name of the books and their authors, but I found out the real name of the publisher. Thanks to the power of the internet and a wonderful site called Fantastic Fiction, I found a list of the entire series and after a few more searches, I found more of the books I read and enjoyed stocked at an online secondhand bookstore from Victoria.
I'm still on the lookout for the aforementioned books, but at least now I know what I'm looking for. Those books, in order are:
- Toughing It Out - Joan Oppenheimer
- Bigger is Better - Sheila Schwartz
- Kaleidoscope - Candice Ransom
- The Right Moves - M.K. Kauffman
I am a very happy GB right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment