Thursday, 25 February 2010

Lycanthropalooza!


The word "lycanthropalooza" popped into my head the other day and it's taken residence. It is employing squatter's rights and refuses to budge. It has laid down its hat and called my head 'home'.

And I have no idea why.

Did I read it somewhere? Hear it on the radio? Did I just come up with a funky new word? Should I make it a reading challenge?

Like most people of my generation my first response to these questions was 'To the Internet!' and lo, from a forum thread dated in 2003, a few guys were discussing how it was a full moon the Saturday before. Then the thread segued into song lyrics about a guy who turned into a werewolf when his girlfriend had her menses. For the record, I don't do forums, so until I googled "lycanthropalooza", I had no idea that forum even exists.

So maybe I hadn't come up with the word originally, but I still want to claim it. To that end, I'm giving myself a reading challenge - ten books about werewolves in succession. I'm pretty sure I have ten books about werewolves on my 'to read' shelf, but I'm going to cheat a little and include the book I'm reading now, "Confessions Of A Werewolf Supermodel". One nearly down, 9 more to go!

I may just do mini-reviews as well. Yeah, I'll do that! Stay tuned for a review about a modelling werewolf!

No comments: