Thursday, 11 June 2009

Curiouser and Curiouser

This morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find a comment from Mousicles on my previous post (thanks, by the way!) - I had no idea she read my blog. That then reminded me of a friend of mine at Festival telling me she reads my blog but doesn't ever comment.

So that got me thinking - how many people actually read it? I know my mum does and others of my friends do, but I wondered who else reads it that I don't know about. I assumed probably half a dozen folks stop by and I always write my blog accordingly. If there are more people reading than I first thought, then I should probably increase the quality of my topics, or something.

And thus a poll was born. You don't have to comment or even sign in, I think. Just let me know you stopped by. Oh, and Ma, the 'you're crap' option was just for you.

8 comments:

Mousicles said...

It did occur to me that you might have that reaction. But then I thought the video was so amusing I had to thank you for it. And comments are a cunning way to let people know you are out there and are vaguely interested.

When I discover a blog of someone I know I'll follow it while it's active. Most people are such infrequent bloggers these days that the net gets cast wider and wider to find the current news of the gang.

Krin said...

I read it, when I can, (internet dropped out at home 4 weeks ago, and I started a new job so less likely to be abusing internet availability), and enjoy reading what you write.

btw, did you get my email a few weeks back in response to your comment on my blog? I may have sent it to an old email address of yours. If you didn't, then my email address is myfirstname.mylastname@gmail.com

Hunydd said...

Oddly enough, I don't read it terribly often - I get all of your goss first hand. I pop in every now and then though...

My word verification is bumisc - sounds a bit rude!

Anonymous said...

You're on my RSS feed, so I read all your posts: I'm just a crap commenter.

Mayela said...

You're on my Google Reader, along with everyone else who is not on LJ. Today you turned up after 330 sponsorship blog entries - I think that site reloaded all of their posts ever.

That reminds me, I should try and keep Sewing Rage going... but that would require sewing ;)

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I check in every now and then. Though less now that you've taken the You Look Fab link off...
Ha.

GB said...

Thanks for commenting guys! And I got votes! Yay!

Mouse: it was a rather spectacular video. I HAD to share it.
Miss Krin: Yay for getting a new job! I did get your new email addy but have not had the time to compose you anything. Just ask Taryn, Marina or Sharon about my email activities. Epic fail.
Hunydd: Yeah, that makes sense. Why read when it's all straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak?
I-Autumnheart: We're both as bad as each other!
Mayela: Blog or be damned?
B.T.: And here I was thinking you popped in for my witty repartee! :)

Wenchilada said...

*Waves* Hiiiiii....