Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Wordsmithy

The muse has hit me pretty hard. I've pulled about 8k words out from previous stories and made it into a new one, with a whole new twist, but there's still a whole lot more to write.

Last night (or, should I say in the wee hours of this morning), I was wracked with self-doubt. I can name at least four well-known stories to which my fic has links. I understand that there is nothing new in the world of fiction, but I'm wondering if I've managed to combine these stories without any form of original thought from me.

I'll just keep going with the story, I guess, until it's finished or it finishes me, and then I'll be parcelling it out to a few friends to read and get feedback on. I'll ask for volunteers. Bec, you don't get a say. Forewarned is forearmed!

Below is a pic of the delectiable Marc Blucas, who inspired the physical characteristics of the main male lead in my fic.

No comments: