Monday, 8 October 2007

I've had this idea floating around for a while now but I'm not sure if it's worth pursuing. You see, now that I've admitted to my label fetish and obsession with shoes, I want to know more about the fashion industry. Sad, but true. We all know that the fashion industry is huge. Not just huge, but get-fucked huge. There are so many facets to it that I really have no idea.

Which leads me to my idea; a beginner's guide to the fashion industry. I was thinking of embarking on a hopefully-weekly-but-will-no-doubt-end-up-monthly mini tutorial on the fashion industry. I was just going to publish it all here, though. I think that if it were a book, by the time I find a publisher willing to take it on, get it edited, published and distributed, it would be out of date.

So, I was wondering, does a beginner's guide of this type already exist? Would people be interested in reading it?

Dior's 'New Look', 1947. Source: V&A.

In case you haven't already guessed, I've given up on the idea of putting the stuff I write for Uni up here. It was too boring even for me!

No comments: