Sunday, 21 October 2007

I need a bit of fashion advice. What goes with green and grey? And I don't mean in a 'Oh my God, it has to be red and yellow because DM/HP is so cool' kind of way, either. (Although, it's still cool ...)

Thursday night, a bought a really cute green dress (for such a small sum you'd be shocked to know it's a Charlie Brown) and a fabulous grey jacket (which was on sale but for such a sum you'd not be shocked to know it was a Charlie Brown). As with the current fashion trends, the neckline of the dress falls lower than what can be shown in public with dignity. Since buying a plunge bra is not an option, (they'll never make it in my size, trust me) I therefore need a thing to wear underneath it. Getting the thing won't be hard, but for the life of me, I cannot come up with a colour.

Here is the outfit in question. Please ignore the pink-ness that is my fabulous quilt cover ...



I know black would work, but black is too dark for me - I've tried to do an all-black wardrobe in the past and got bored. I need colour, people! Have you seen my webpages? About the only commonality between them is that they're penned and designed by me.

As for white, it may be too bright for the particular shade of green, pink is too girly, even for me, burnt sienna would be too warm for the jacket, red probably won't work at all and I don't think there's a shade of yellow in existance that will go.

What about purple, deep and rich, like a tone with loads of blue? What about a blue just a few shades short of midnight?

Can you see my conundrum and why I'm appealing to you, my dear friends?

I realise I've given this far too much thought, but when you're stuck on a train for three hours and you finished 'The Diva's Guide to Selling Your Soul', a girl has to occupy her time somehow!

2 comments:

AutumnHeart said...

Ooh - pretty - nice shopping skillz.

White would be too severe with green and grey for you, I think. Definitely NOT purple of any kind with green :)

Pale gold might work - not metallic gold, but a sort of sandy colour perhaps? Russet tends to work with both those colours as well. Not too red, though or you'd look like a Christmas decoration.

The other option is a different shade of green - I'd go for a light green personally, but many greens look OK together, so a really dark one could work as well.

Do you have a thing to wear this to, or is it just something that was too cool to leave in the shop?

GB said...

Thanks for the tips! It's been a while since I've heard from you. I was going to email you this week to make sure you weren't dead!

I plan to wear the dress dancing (Saturday night, come if you're free!) and at $50 I couldn't pass it up!