Friday, 11 May 2007

The French Frock.

There's been an update to The French Frock (TM). I'm not going to use the brown velvet. It's just the wrong shade for anything else I have in stash. So it's the... take a deep breath now... blue silk velvet that Mr C bought in China about four years ago, lined with silk that I got from the lovely Fiora when she went to Thailand. The gold with black shot dupion I have will match it beautifully for the guards and white dupion sleeves and forepart will be rather striking. I've purchased some ribbon for an affect on the forepart, criss-crossed maybe with pearls at the interections. The ribbon-y bits may have to come later. I'll save them for last just in case I run out of time for the whole frock. I'll try to take some pics this weekend if I can tear myself away from assignments for long enough.

I'm going to cheat a bit with the French hood. Sarah Goodman makes a perfectly plausible French hood and I think I'm going to go with her way of doing it. It won't be picture perfect, but I'm making a blue reproduction of a red dress, so perfect picture accuracy is not really an issue. I'll see how I go for time (I feel like I'm in a Star Trek: Voyager episode, honestly). If I have plenty of time left over, i.e. a whole weekend free between now and the event, I might give Ninya Mikhaila's French hood a try.

As for anything practical for the dress... Well, that will come in a rush after I get the majority of this semesters assignments out of the way. Thank God I don't have any exams!

2 comments:

Fiora said...

Yay for the dress thannnng! Its going to look awesome. Im looking forward to heaps of pics taken with your feature walls in the background.....no big hint there haha!!

Cant wait to catch up Sunday

BJM

Miss Jimmy said...

Your frock sounds beautiful! Can't wait to see it. Love French. Should be more of it! xx