Sunday, 4 March 2007

The Other Minogue

...was one of my favourite groups marching in the Mardi Gras Parade last night. They had placards that cried "I can sing too", refering to the oft forgotten Danii Minogue.

The parade was fantastic with it's fair share of political statements as well as pride celebrations. Next year, I'm going to volunteer and if I can't, I'll definately be seeing it again. Fo too long it has been on around my birthday and it was only this year I finally got to watch it. I think it may well become my birthday tradition.


This shot was stolen from Reuters and was taken at last years parade.

Before I forget to tell you Miss Honeydeath, it would appear that T shoes are back in fashion. I saw lots when I was shoe shopping (for a wedding, honest!) and watching Kylie's Showgirl Tour on telly tonight reminded me.

A very special, albeit early, thanks need to go to the lovely Taryn, who came to the party literally with a camera when I was a dunce and forgot mine and took a bunch to photos of the parade. Thanks gorgeous! I'll link here to a website when they're ready.

2 comments:

Fiora said...

I really want a lime green outfit like the one in this photo - I think it would really suit me!!

Love Fiora

DV said...

JD, if you want fabbo pictures of parade et all, go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/morgspace/
he took a lot of great ones