Normally, I try not to write too much personal stuff on this blog. That's what LJ is for. However, I've made a few revelations about myself lately that made me think that, as I wrote to two friends of mine earlier today, self absorbtion is not attractive and I've been a little ugly of late.
Truthfully, I don't have much going on at the moment. Sure, there's uni part-time, work full-time, and the very late lead up to preparations for Easter, but compared to some, my life is pretty damn good. If you excuse the fact that my accounts are in the red and I don't have time to write as well as keep up the look I so meticulously started after my holiday that I'm quite proud of. Please don't get me started on my love life, whatever/wherever the hell that is. Meh.
I'm feeling so out of touch with the people I care about in my life. Even when I'm with them, I'm still thinking about my own shite rather than just enjoying their company. I have friends that have their own problems and they don't need me to add to them by all but ignoring their situation, that is assuming I even know they have a situation in the first place. I've been in this situation before and it wasn't nice. I don't want to visit that again. Unlike last time, now I have far too many pies for my fingers rather than one big, all encompasing pie and I need to rationalise a few things.
What I'm trying to say is that I need to get off my bum and stop feeling sorry for myself. The sub-title of this blog is "It's all about me" when life really isn't. Nothing will change until I effect that change. I ask you all to bear with me while I do it.
5 comments:
To re-oterate last night's statement "we work in the same suburb and live in the same suburb there is no excuse for not catching up.
Thanks for dinner and the long chat last night.
The cat allergy syptoms disappeared by the time I went to sleep :)
OOOOOOkay Ill keep putting up with you :)
For the record you have to stop being so harsh on yourself. You are a wonderful friend and you wouldnt be able to get rid of me even if you tried so :P
Plus after everything you deserve a little me time so dont ruin that time by feeling guilty about it.
Cant wait to pick you up
Love Bronwyn
Thanks guys. Catch up with you next week.
The trip to Festival will be the best one ever, I just know it!
ah JD, you are one of the elast self absorbed people I know. Or at least you hide it better than the rest of us. :)
I somehow think I'm just really good at hiding it.
Thanks, my dear.
Post a Comment