You may have noticed a lack of picture at the top of the page; the pic that Wenchilada so kindly made for me disappeared when I switched to the new Blogger format and I have no idea how to fix it. (Would someone kindly explain to me in plain English and words of one syllable, what the hell is a widget?) The ubiquitous and wonderful Autumnheart offered me some suggestions on how to fix it and I can safely say that I really do not have the brain power to put those suggestions into practice. I tried, S. I really did! Anyway, the lack of a manor picture is only temporary, I hope.
A picture! JB kindly sent this to me just as I was about to fall asleep at my desk this morning. Understandably, it woke me up. Suddenly fishing doesn't seem quite so boring...
5 comments:
Sounds more like I gave bad suggestions than anything else - I think I had my programmer's brain in the other evening when I wrote those.
Hmm - lets try this one: A widget is a thing (i.e. block of code) which you can put on any web page. The countdown-whatsit I think you had on your other blog is a widget. The html you cut-and-paste into your blog for quiz results is also a widget. The layout code for your blog has placeholders in it for a title-widget and a links-list-widget among others, and the actual html that goes in these spots is generated by blogger. Any better?
I will try and upgrade by blog at some point this weekend and will hopefully know more about making them have images in the titles afterthat if you're still stuck by then.
Let me know when you want to do sewing...this weekend or next are fine for me.
oh my...that's quite a piture...
Think I might be awake now too...
Grrr...
S., you're fabulous. I think I understand the concept of widgets now. As for sewing, this Saturday was going to be a sewing day for me, so you're more than welcome to come on over. I'll be starting on the first dress, but I have an underskirt that needs finishing...
Have I told you yet that I'll owe you BIG TIME for this??? :D
B.T., isn't it nice to wake up to that sort of a view though? LOL
View is most pretty :)
Sorry I didn't show today - I was up at Mum and Dad's place most of the day, and didn't see your reply till I got home. We might have to revert to phone (so old texh, I know ;)) to coordinate things.
You made my eyes water with this pic....then the giggles followed
IM SUCH A PRUDE!!
Good luck with the sewing - I miss sewing saturdays :)
Love Fiora
Post a Comment