Monday, 6 February 2012

Big Emotional Week

Last week, we lost a buddy quite suddenly. For me, Festival won't be the same without him.

On a happier note, thanks to a network of new friends, I now have a means on which to live, rather than my savings. It's part-time and it's retail, but I now have actual money coming in, rather than only going out. Besides, if any of the full-time applications still in progress bear fruit, I can take one of those - this job is not a permanent solution for me. I have to say though, it was very, very timely. I was 'this' close to joining the dole queue.


So for me, it's now back to the frantic pre-Festival sewing we all know and loathe. The money situation notwithstanding, I was rather enjoying the leisurely pace I was sewing at, knowing I would get everything done. Now, though, the Festival list has to be revised...

So between bouts of sadness knowing he's gone with gratefullness that I knew him at all, money stresses then money relief and sewing pressures, it has been a rather big week emotionally for me. One thing is a constant though - my life, on the whole, is rather good right now. For that, I am very thankful.

No comments: