Sunday, 22 January 2012

Hello? Hello in there?

So much for trying to update weekly, but I figured you guys wouldn't really be up for reading about my (still) lack of a job and how every day just seems to run into the next...

The upshot of all this time on my hands when I'm not writing job applications is I'm sewing rather a lot. My Wardrobe Unlock'd has a list of what I plan to make for Festival and what I've been working on and there will be pictures of my most recent project soon (tomorrow hopefully).

I did have a singluar experience on Thursday though. As J and I were walking back to my car after a spot of shopping, I noticed there was a note on the windscreen with a name, phone number, an apology and a policy number for their insurance. I was quite surprised considering it didn't look like the damage was very extensive. It looked like a scratch on the driver's door. Then I looked down the length of the car and noticed why she left her details. The whole rear guard will have to be redone with a little panel-beating thrown in.

The thing that gets me (other than it being yet another example of someone driving a car that they ovbiously don't have the skills for in an area that really doesn't require a four-wheel drive) is that she left her details. That has NEVER happened before.

As we were leaving, she returned to her car and we had a chat and, you know what? I wasn't that bothered about the incident. She was extremely apologetic but that wasn't it. The fact that she owned up to her mistake and is fixing it (through her insurance) made the bingle ok. When she called me with the claim number, she called herself Clare the Car-Crasher! I'm a bit annoyed, sure, but at least the scratch doens't look like this:

2 comments:

AutumnHeart said...

If someone *has* to scratch your car, at least they were polite about it! I'm glad it all got sorted.

Mz. B.Trousers said...

We dropped a bookcase on a stranger's car once. We took photos and left a note, paid for the damage.
A bookcase does a lot of damage, at 15kph.
Hoorah for individuals who can take some responsibility for their actions!