Monday, 2 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Hope you all are recovering from whatever festivities you indulged in over the Silly Season. Me, it was all really low key with staying up late to watch the comet Lovejoy, erm, I mean Santa, on Christmas Eve and then opening presents, eating unhealthy food, watching DVDs and roasting a pig's tummy on Christmas Day.

The rest of the week has flown by so fast it broke the sound barrier; there was airport drop off and pick up of J and sewing, sewing and more sewing with a couple of peeps from the south side of the river.

A new Dr Nic and a Countess L are the ladies with whom I have been sewing madly. In fact, Countess L has been taking very good care of me for which I am more grateful than words can express. Dr Nic is like Nads and KatieMay rolled into one and it gladdens but saddens me at the same time - glad because I get two of my friends up here all at once, but sad because, well, Dr Nic still isn't them!

I guess this is the post where I'm supposed to write about the year that was and list my New Year's resolutions. To hang with that. You all know the year I've had and I very rarely make resolutions as they only get forgotten by February anyway. Suffice to say, I read 59 books last year not counting what I read during the Life Suck that was my four months at Waterloo. This year, I will read more books and get a job. There. Resolutions listed.

Hope 2012 for you all is everything you hope for and more!

No comments: