Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Reading Habits

For those who look, you may have noticed that the book I'm currently reading hasn't changed over the last month. That's because I've been reading it for that long.

It's a bit of a tome at almost 600 pages in B format (not as big as a hardcover, not as handy as a standard paperback) and there's not a whole lot of white on the page. If I was to list what's happened, the list wouldn't be long, but it is a pleasure to read. Think the subtle humour of Neil Gaimen meets the easy readibility of Patricia Briggs.

It's not the only book I've read over the last few months, though. I have been reading other books before bed (I've been reading Lonely Wolf Girl on the way to work). I have not forgotten my promise to read 10 werewolf books in a row. I've finished three, LWG will make four and, since I just couldn't wait to start it, the latest Mercy Thompson sitting beside my bed makes five.

The rest of my list will look something like this:
  • The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong (while not about werewolves, strictly speaking, it does have a werewolf in it.)

  • Roadkill - Rob Thurman (again, it has a werewolf in it but is not about werewolves per se.)

  • Blood Trail - Tanya Huff (the bad guy is a werewolf, I think.)

  • Shift - Rachel Vincent (Ok, ok, I'm stretching here. It's about werecats but that's close, isn't it?)

  • Another book in my enormous TBR pile that has shifters in it.
While looking at my TBR pile for books for this little challenge of mine, it occured to me, even though I much prefer werewolves to vampires, I have many more vampire books waiting to be read. Is there a hole in the market, or are werewolves not as popular? Hmm...

Photo by Steve Hoskins

No comments: