Wednesday, 5 November 2008

I'm not dead!

I've just been busy. Between work and the mad rush of socialising on the lead up to Christmas (I'll never understand why everyone, including myself sometimes, feels that they have to see all of their friends before Christmas - like the world will stop on the Big J's birthday and we'll never see each other again...) I've been a bit time poor.

So, what has been going on in the life of JD? Attempts at getting to visit my mum were thwarted; plans to drive down to Cooma were changed and then changed again; saw the bestest band in the world live with chums who got me hooked in the first place and the next day had lunch with wonderful friends from my uni days all those years ago; cried with mirth over a story in which a mother was 'done in'; got visits from a lovely friend who's up the duff, a toddler with a mosturising fetish and a big kid growing a mo; girl's nights in; and a housewarming party for which I will not post photos as I look too drunk in most of them (just because I was very drunk is beside the point).

Phew! I think that pretty much overs the last few weeks...

In other news, I've donated to Movember for a couple of friends who are participating and below is the screen shot of the donation to OVCA I threatened in my last post. Three comments. Pitiful. :D



Today, we find out if a black man or another redneck will be in the White House. It's all about colour coordination, really.

My dag points have been sufficiently reduced. Salt'n'Pepa were going to be playing at Revesby Workers' and Katie, Marina and I had tickets. It's been cancelled. I lose in the sorry stakes.

The weekend after this one, I'm off to Cooma with chums and once there, I'll hopefully catch up with another chum whom I have known for more than half my life and finally get to see her little girl. I can hardly wait!

No comments: