I not long ago got back from seeing The Crucible, a production by BITE and New Theatre. I so love this play and I really liked this production.For all that some of the accents were a bit on the weak side, the performances were stunning, particularly that of Ben Brock, the chap that played John Proctor.
Reviews on this particular production (it played at Newtown's New Theatre last year with much of the same cast, I can gather) can be found here and here. The final performance is on 6th September.
And there's even kudos given on YouTube. Posted to YouTube a couple of weeks ago by 'blackphone' in response to the big scene in the Daniel Day Lewis and Winona Ryder masacre of the play: "i just watched the theatre production for the crucible in sydney and i must say. after watching ben brock play john proctor, daniel day lewis cannot compare. although lewis is a fantastic actor no doubt, this brock guy was phenomenal. perhaps it was due to the fact that this is a film and that a stage production, but still. ben brock is the ultimate john proctor =)"
No comments:
Post a Comment