The biggest mistake one can make is to say it has a label therefore it's fabulous. That's just plain wrong. I have seen many ugly shoes, and some of them bear the label Blahnik and Choo. Just because Croc's are cheap does not automatically make them an ugly shoe. They just are. To make matters worse, they now come with a faux sheepskin lining. Oh, my feet are choking at the mere thought!
One commentor (Cassie) actually went so far as to say that there is not a situation where the Croc's are appropriate, but I beg to differ. Working next to a hospital and seeing surgeons in the cafeteria on a near daily basis, I can say, unequivically, that there is an appropriate use for Croc-style shoes; it's much easier to hose blood and guts off those puppies than other types of shoe.
I, like a good number of the viewers of the Manolo's site, like to look at teh pretty and read the wittisms of a very intelligent man. Get off your high horse, sweetheart. We can see up your dress.
Just to prove that there is such a thing as ugly Manolo's, I give you the Dark Denim Kiddie.
2 comments:
I don't have references for the following, so I may be completely wrong. But..
Adding to teh "ugly" statement:
1. they do not provide good support for feet, in fact they may be detrimental to good foot support, rather than neutral.
2. Many of the people that wear them seem to be part of the fringe hippy sustainable lifestyle gang, at least that seems to be where the croc got it's start. BUT a shoe that is entirely plastic/rubber as a good idea when fuel is running out, pollution is increasing and we need to drop our energy usage? Strike three against the Croc.
Ok. My theatre clogs are not Crocs but...
I concur, they are the best shoes for hosing down blood and bits of fat/tissue off (infact another brand makes ones that you can actually autoclave).
And in defense of Crocs, P has a pair and she thinks they're pretty neat (and this from a girl whose first word after mum, daddy and miaow was 'shoes'). At least she can put them on herself!
Post a Comment