Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Oh, yeah!

That's right. I have a blog. That should be updated more than once every two weeks.

To be honest, I have nothing new really. There's been Turkey Day, some birthday parties and now there's Christmas parties galore in the home stretch to New Year. In otherwords, I'm going out a lot with not many stories to show for it. Unless you want the one about taking an hour and a half to drive about 25km. Or the stories about 'the job situtation'. Or the tales of breakfast catch-ups and wanton making. Or arsenic-loving bacteria and the awesomeness of Fringe. Not to mention the heedy delights of children's birthdays and babies who should be in soap ads.

This weekend is Yule and for the first time in a while I'm looking forward to a local event. I've not frocked up in a while and I'm thinking of giving the Orange Frock another outing. It's been 12 months since I made it (to lock up stage) and I was going to have the embroidery done by now. HoneyDeath was even lovely enough to buy me some beautiful silk velvet for the embroidery bits. I realise, however, I have no patience for embroidery, more's the pity, and if it weren't such a huge job, I'd ask for someone else to do it in trade. One day I might do it. One day. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either...

Since we are only a few weeks away from Christmas, I thought I'd share this flashmob video I first saw on SciFiGuy. It's pretty awesome.

11 comments:

AutumnHeart said...

I would happily read your stories about all those things, but considering that i haven't updated my own blog since August, I feel I'm in no position to demand stories from anyone else ever :).

What sort of embroidery are you wanting for your frock? I have no sewing project right now (the 10-year old blackwork doesn't count), and one that doesn't involve sitting under great piles of dress fabric seems like the best idea for the manky Brisbane summer, so I may well be open to the idea of a trade... let us talk.

Mousicles said...

And if you can't do a deal with AutumnHeart, I'm thinking the child need clothes for festival and we could do a deal... If you are interested, let me know.

Hunydd said...

Nah, it was cotton velvet. It's just the colour that matches the silk!

The Hallelujah Chorus brought tears to my eyes. It's been such a long time since I've heard it (we did it in high school - 800 girls singing = awesome) and they did such a great job. Some fab voices in that lot!

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

oh yeah. needs a tissue right now too! lovely find.

GB said...

Autumnheart - Are you sure about this? I don't think you know what you're letting yourself in for! If you're sure, then let's talk.

Mouse - You are teh awesome. I'll chat with Miss A first, though, since she offered first.

Hunydd - Me too! I was watching the vid at work and had to suck it up and not cry. I was putting it down to hormones at the time, but I knew that was just a convenient excuse. :)

Speedy - They are warm and fuzzy kinds of tears, aren't they?

Wenchilada said...

Love a good flash mob!

GB said...

Wenchi - Hell yeah!

Wenchilada said...

And just where have I gone from your sidebar? Hmm? Subtle hint?

GB said...

Wenchi - No! No subtle hint! Your online life now doesn't seem to be through your blogger account anymore so I removed the link to it. I can put it back! It's not personal. I still love you!

In case you missed it, Miss Krin's wordpress blog isn't there either, as she lives her online life in otherways too now.

Wenchilada said...

Ok. I posted. And I should post a hell of a lot more than I do... 3 kids kinda slows a girl down... I can do a two liner on f/book, but anything more than that and I'm almost comatose.

And I'd love to hear more about your stories, even if you think they're boring. I mightn't comment, but I'm still here, wishing I was there!

...oh and btw... it's wontons unless you're meaning wanton wontons.. and that I'd like to see!

Wenchilada said...

LJ... over at Lj!

Love you!