What do I have to do? I'm still putting the rings on the bodice, I have to pleat and attach the skirt (at least it's sewn together, though) and I still have to attach the sleeves. The slashy goodness for the sleeves will have to wait until after Saturday, if I get that far, but at least they are cut out and I can just have them look like plain sleeves for the weekend if needs be.
Will I get it done? Maybe, but I'm not going to bust my gut over it. It's not my night, but a new dress would be nice. I can always wear the ubiquitous blue linen frock that I got from the wonderful Miss Droopy Drawers. You know, having only one frock that fits and is finished sucks a little, but at least I don't have to agonise over what to wear!
On another note, I have another hand-me-down from the lovely Spyder and... it fits! There's a bit of work required to finish it and I have to make attachable sleeves for it (think late 15th Century Flemish undergown), but it will be yet another dress. If I can pull my finger out this break, I can have essentially three dresses finished: Spyder's dress, the midwinter frock and the dress I kinda didn't finish for Festival (which, by the way, only needs more fabric added to the skirt and the guards attached).
Wish me luck! I was going to add a Cranach for inspiration, but I decided on this instead...

...for the gorgeous Miss Krin, since we were chatting about Paris last night. Vive la France!
BTW, I'm going to learn French if it kills me, which it probably will. I know Miss Honeydeath wants to learn as well and we need to get off our bums and practice together. Anyone else interested?
4 comments:
Yes, I know you can finish the frock! No, no bias here, none at all.... Plain sleeves are lovely too:)
Four weeks to go... ack!
No hablo espanol...
You'll get that frock finished. You have ALL day Saturday - it's only a tourney and it will be rained out anyway, even if it is next door to you. And you'll especially have ALL day if you get up EXTRA EARLY to sew ALL DAY.
See where I'm going with this?
My gigantic lump of red wool has to come to school with me on the train today - I still haven't finished hemming.
You'll be beautiful!
And no French for me - but if you want to do German...?
Mina - thanks for the support! You are a superfantastic (to quote the marvelous Manolo the Shoe Blogger) historical clothing maker type person. You'll get your dress done, I know it!
Wenchi - Lee was talking about learning Spanish too, a little while back.
BT - Ok, ok. I get the hint. It's a bit hard to miss that SLEDGEHAMMER, anyway! :P No German for me - too much spitting. Hehe.
Post a Comment